EU DEMOCRATISATION: A CITIZEN PROCESS
“French Elections 2017- European Elections 2019:
Two years to turn the EU towards its citizens”
Louvain la Neuve (Belgium), July 1-2, 2017
# Subscribe now! Free and compulsory subscription! Register now: fill the form here !
# Read the complete presentation document of the event (programme, keynote speakers, practical informations, etc…): https://eucitizenprocess-en.net/
Greek crisis, geopolitical failures, migration wave, Brexit, Trump election, national democracies threatened… the Europeans citizens have been exposed to major and historical collective shocks for over 10 years now.
In this year of the 60th anniversary of the Rome Treaty, it is time to go outside the box and put the European construction back on the peace, prosperity and democracy tracks originally intended.
The event is expected to gather 200 or more representatives of European civil society, based on the combined energy of the “change agents” gathered on the iCAN network, Stand up for Europe and AEGEE-Europe as well, of course as our own Franck Biancheri Network.
We propose to European civil society agents a meeting in order to take stock on the evolution of the European project and to think about their contribution to resolving the crisis along two axes:
- Joining European citizen forces around one common project of democratisation (Change Actors Assembly / iCAN)
- Proposing a first trans-European citizen-based e-election concrete project, to show the path towards a democratically anchored EU (EUCitizenVote / FBN)
The change agents of European civil society practically trigger the EU democratisation process in Louvain la Neuve on July 1-2, 2017
Join the pioneers of this great democratic adventure !
- Meet the project leaders for Europe
- Explore the potentialities of a common democracy
- Elaborate together some exciting visions of our future
- Join the organisation of the 1st trans-European e-electoral experience
Together let’s re-inspire Europe!
Subscribe now! Free and compulsory subscription!
Contact: Victoire Baeyaert, Project Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org