In partnership with LEAP, Movimento Roosevelt’s second New European Perspectives online debate took place on April 30th on the topic of “Post-Covid educational challenges”.
The Covid crisis is accelerating the switch to a brand (brave) new world. A huge effort to bring global and European populations to the proper understanding of new realities is a must. Otherwise citizens will be left out in the old world while our state apparels and decision-makers will run full speed into the new one. The only way to fill the 20 year-gap (between policy makers projected 10 years ahead and citizens lagging 10 years behind) lies in EDUCATION. The Europeans must put up a major educational plan to upgrade citizenship to the level that will enable us to invent and implement the new democratic model that it belongs to our continent to produce. We discussed the aims, contents and means of deployment of a really ambitious European educational plan !
- Marco Moiso and Maria Zei, Movimento Roosevelt France (IT) : Introduction
- Marie-Hélène Caillol, President of LEAP2040 : The post-Covid education challenge : filling a widening gap between populations and elites
- Oliver Bream McIntosch, Director of FuPro & Research Fellow at the Institute of Technology and Society (UK) : Building a massive future literacy scheme
- Raphaelle Bidault-Waddington, For a Marshall Plan of Education (Open Letter)
- Marianne Ranke-Cormier, president #CitizensRoute (FR) : Erasmus 35 years later…
- Wessel Reijers, Board member Aegee Enschede, Max Weber Fellow European University, Diem 25 (NL) : Civic education and new forms of citizen involvement
- Marie-Hélène Caillol, President of LEAP2040 : Education to invent digital democracy
- Roberto Peron, National Institute of Astrophysics, INAF – Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology IAPS (IT) : Finding our way between books and bits
- Marco Moiso, Supervisor Movimento Roosevelt UK, vice president Movimento Roosevelt (IT) : China’s consensus and educational advantage
- Roberto Hechich, Secretary of Dipartimento Geopolitica e Difesa – Movimento Roosevelt (IT) : Education and critical thinking
- Marie-Hélène Caillol, Concluding remarks on knowldge-based society
- Marianne Ranke-Cormier, Concluding remarks on the UE’s lack of long-term vision and democracy
- Maria Zei and Marco Moiso, Movimento Roosevelt France (IT) : Closing remarks